Lemon Caper Buerre Blanc Recipe
Lemon Caper Buerre Blanc
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 whole juiced lemons
- 1 smidge lemon zest
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 tbs cold butter
- fresh chives optional
- Crush capers with the back of a spoon.
- Melt 1tsp butter in a skillet over medium heat until butter foams lightly.
- Sauté capers for 30 seconds in butter.
- add lemon juice and white wine, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently until liquid is reduced by 1/3-1/2. Usually around 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cold butter and chives (optional) stirring constantly until butter is completely melted and sauce is shiny and thick.