Carrie’s Potato Chip Crusted Fried Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 bag potato chips (crushed) we used kettle cooked salt and pepper chips
- Take 2 pounds of chicken breast tenders.The night before cooking soak them in a ziplock of buttermilk with some six chili powder blend. To taste. Remember this is a marinade so the spice won’t be strong, I used 1.5 tsp.
- The next day remove the chicken 1 strip at a time. Dredge it in flour (gluten free if you prefer) dredge it in whipped eggs (3eggs), then dredge it in crushed salt and pepper kettle chips. I crushed them in a large ziplock and shook my tenders in it one at a time like shake and bake.
- Heat a pan of peanut oil (cast iron skillets are best) heat oil to 350 degrees (try to keep the oil at a consistent temp. Cook strips 4-6 at a time until dark golden brown, then flip until other side is dark golden. Cooking times vary, the best way to check doneness is to use a meat thermometer or to break open the first piece and check to make sure it is fully cooked.
- Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels for a few minutes.Sprinkle with salt and serve.